To detect pests of crops, monitoring should always be carried out in the field. When going to the lot, it is necessary to know what type of pests may affect the moment of the cycle in which it is found.
Besides, the climatic conditions of the last days must be taken into account to suspect any disease or fungus.
When monitoring agricultural crop pests, we will come across different insects. Do not apply too early or too late when it is no longer profitable to control agricultural crop pests.
In the case of weeds, there is also bibliography to identify what type of plant is being treated and the difficulty in controlling it. The ideal moment of control is when the plant is small, but it is often difficult to identify it if we do not have prior knowledge of the lot and its weeds.
If we look for fungi, we can identify them according to their reproductive structure and consider the climatic conditions of the last days. If you are not sure, you can consult plant pathologists. You can meet attic clean out for your emergency services in pest control.
How To Avoid Them?
Many actions can be taken to avoid pests; some of them are:
- Use crop varieties adapted to the area where they will be planted or genetically modified to control an insect or disease.
- The correct choice of sowing date is to avoid times when environmental conditions are conducive to insects.
- If you have irrigation, prevent the soil from drying out too much, as well as puddles.
- Make a good distribution of the seed when sowing, choosing the density and the appropriate spacing.
- Always buy seeds of good quality, with good germination power, and, if possible, that are certified.
- Check that all tools and machinery are in good condition and functioning. Clear everything when changing fields or fields.
- In some cases, sowing can be done before harvesting the previous crop. This favors ground cover quickly after harvest, although it can favor pathogens in very humid areas.
- Carry out crop rotations in the same lot, avoid monoculture.
- Use of preventive chemical products, widely used in seed applications (low cost and high efficiency) or high-value crops, such as vine crops.