To build a pool area that is practical, beautiful, and long-lasting, it is essential to choose the correct decking material. In addition to being an important part of the overall design, the pool deck affects things like comfort, ease of maintenance, and safety. If you want to know what to get for your poolside haven, this article will walk you through the advantages and downsides of several decking materials.
Hard Decking Materials
When it comes to pool decks, concrete is a popular and multipurpose material according to pool builders in oklahoma city. It has multiple benefits:
- Exposure to the outdoors, constant foot traffic, and pool water don’t harm concrete’s exceptionally long lifespan.
- Staining, embossed patterns, and ornamental aggregates are just a few ways it may be personalized to create a one-of-a-kind design.
- Generally Requiring Only Occasional Sealing and Cleaning, Concrete Requires Little In the Way of Upkeep.
Pavers for Decking
Pavers offer a timeless and sophisticated appearance for pool decks; they are typically constructed from materials such as clay, concrete, or natural stone. Pros:
- Pavers are available in an abundance of sizes, colours, shapes, and textures, opening up a world of options for creative design.
- Replacement of individual pavers is simple and inexpensive in the event of damage.
- The spaces between the pavers make it possible for water to drain efficiently, lowering the likelihood of water pooling.
Stone from Nature
Pool decks made of natural stone, such granite, travertine, or limestone, are classic and elegant. Pros:
- If you’re looking to upgrade the look of your pool area, natural stone is a great choice because of its timeless sophistication.
- Comfortable for barefoot walking in hot weather, stone maintains a relatively cool temperature.
- Natural stone is one of the most long-lasting building materials available, provided it is cared for correctly.
- You may make your pool area more inviting and earthy by installing a wood deck. Pros:
Attractiveness: Wood’s natural, rustic, and welcoming appearance goes well with a wide variety of outdoor decor styles. Walking on it is a breeze, and even in the sun, it stays cool.
A man-made product, composite decking consists of a combination of plastic and wood fibres. Pros:
- Composite decking only needs a light dusting now and again and never needs staining or sealing.
- It’s really hardy and won’t easily fade or get stained.
- A lot of composite deck boards are textured to make them less slippery, which is a safety feature.
Pavers Made Of Rubber:
For a safe and pleasant pool deck, consider rubber pavers. Pros:
- Lessen the likelihood of slips and falls around the pool using rubber pavers, which are very resistant to slipping.
- A cushioned surface makes them pleasant to walk on and play on.
- In terms of longevity, rubber pavers are an excellent choice because they are resistant to both UV radiation and chlorine.
Consider your budget, personal taste in aesthetics, level of comfort with upkeep, and safety issues before making a final decision on the pool decking material. In the end, it’s important to consider both your individual requirements and the aesthetic of your outside area while making a decision. For further information on how to improve the aesthetics, security, and practicality of your pool, it is recommended that you seek the advice of a professional pool builder or designer.